Home Spring 2010
to Dr. Lyons
[ Calendar10:10 | PortWebsite
| StuWebs | Port1 | 2 |
3 | 4 | 5
| 6 | Showcase
[ Ch 1 |
2 | 3 |
4 | 5 |
6 | 7 |
8 | 9 |
10 | 11 | 12 | 13
| 14 || AppDatabase |
Ex1 | 2 |
3 | 4 | 5
| 6 | 7
[ HW 1| 2 |
3 | 4 |
| Career1| 2
CareerLinks ] [
SJU Closing ] [H1N1SelfAssessment]
Portfolio Exercise 6 - Update
Application of MIS Database Description
- Use Microsoft Word to modify your webpage
for your most creative work pieces. This file is named Creative.htm.
- To do this, open
Microsoft Word, click File Menu, Open.
- Double click folders until you
reach the port folder in your Mgt4322 folder.
- Then, double click Creative.htm.
- Create a short descriptive title for the database.
(Please note that you updated the hyperlink for your database in Database
- Create a 25-150 word description that refers
to an explicit part of the database (cite
a database object) explaining how the
database object illustrates an important skill you
have developed. For examples,
see the Showcase at
www.patlyons.com/m4322/hw/Showcase.htm or the previous semesters
portfolios with Y3 under Exercise Db.
- Change Joan Q. Student to your name.
- Use Microsoft Internet Explorer with
ftp://stupub.stjohns.edu/ to drag and drop
your modified copy of the entire port
folder from your Mgt4322 folder to your stupub website. Follow the
Portfolio Exercise 1, step 5.
If not all the files copy over to stupub, try
dragging and dropping AppMIS.mdb by itself.
Exercise 3, Step 3.
Microsoft Internet Explorer (not Word) to print your modified stupub
- To do this, use the Internet Explorer to print your copy of
Creative.htm on stupub.
Please make sure that the footer displays the
filename and path, such as
I wish to verify that you have copied the port
folder and not just one file to the stupub server.
- Requirements - see Homework Set IV.
(This page was last edited on
February 17, 2010