Home Spring 2010
to Dr. Lyons
[ Calendar10:10 | PortWebsite
| StuWebs | Port1 | 2 |
3 | 4 | 5
| 6 | Showcase
[ Ch 1 |
2 | 3 |
4 | 5 |
6 | 7 |
8 | 9 |
10 | 11 | 12 | 13
| 14 || AppDatabase |
Ex1 | 2 |
3 | 4 | 5
| 6 | 7
[ HW 1| 2 |
3 | 4 |
| Career1| 2
CareerLinks ] [
SJU Closing ] [H1N1SelfAssessment]
Portfolio Exercise 3 - Add
- Drag and drop copies of your three best Excel workbooks
from other folders on your computer to your working copy of the port folder
located in your Mgt4322 folder on your computer.
- To do this with Windows XP, click Start on the TaskBar,
located in the lower left corner of your screen. Then click MyComputer.
Change the ExplorerBar to Folders by clicking View Menu, ExplorerBar,
With Windows Vista, click the Windows button located in the lower left
corner of your screen. Then click Documents.
- Click folders until you locate the
port folder located in your Mgt4322 folder.
- Now, click folders until you locate the Excel
workbook that you would like to include in your portfolio website.
- Hold down the Ctrl Key while you drag and drop
a copy of that workbook to the port folder.
- Repeat this process for two more Excel workbooks.
- Your port folder
should appear similar to the screen image in Portfolio Exercise 2, Step 1, except that
there will be three additional workbooks.
- Use Microsoft Word to modify your website navigation page
for the Excel workbooks. This file is named Workbooks.htm.
- To do this, open
Microsoft Word, click File Menu, Open.
- Double click folders until you
reach the port folder in your Mgt4322 folder.
- Then, double click Workbooks.htm. The screen
image will be similar to that for Portfolio Exercise 2, Step 2, except that
the title will be Workbooks, not Wordprocessed Documents.
- For each workbook, create a short descriptive title.
- For each workbook, create the hyperlink for the
Selecting the workbook title as shown in Portfolio
Exercise 2, Step 2
Clicking on the Insert menu
and the Hyperlink... option (the Insert Hyperlink window appears)
Clicking on the file name you wish to link to,
Note by PJL (2010Feb6):
Deleting any path folders so that only the filename remains, and
- For each workbook, create a 25-150 word description
that refers to an explicit part of the workbook (cite worksheet and range)
explaining how the workbook illustrates an important skill you have
developed. For examples, see
the Showcase at
www.patlyons.com/m4322/hw/Showcase.htm or the previous semesters
portfolios with YYY3 under Exercise 3.
- Change Joan Q. Student to your name.
- Use Microsoft Windows Explorer with
ftp://stupub.stjohns.edu/ to drag and drop
your modified copy of the entire port
folder from your Mgt4322 folder to your stupub website.
This will copy all the workbooks and your updated Workbooks.htm file.
- To do this, open Microsoft Windows Explorer (as in Step
1.a above) and key in
- Enter your Username and password. Your Username for stupub
is the same as for the
computers in the SUJ lab.
Example, John Smith,
SSN, 111-11-1234, would
be jsmit234. Your
password is your SJU ID # (PIDM) on front of
the storm card.
- If necessary, change the ExplorerBar to Folders by clicking View
Menu, ExplorerBar, Folders.
- In the ExplorerBar, click on folders until you come
to your Mgt4322 folder. Keep the Mgt4322 folder selected, but use the
downward arrow to show the stupub.stjohns.edu folder, if necessary.
You may right click the stupub.stjohns.edu folder, click properties, and
verify your Username appears in the ftp Location.
Then, in the righthand windowpane, drag and drop the port
folder to the stupub.stjohns.edu folder in the lefthand ExplorerBar.
- If you have problems, close all open applications,
reopen Microsoft Internet Explorer, and redo Steps 3.a-d above.
Microsoft Internet Explorer (not Word) to print and submit your modified stupub
- To do this, then use the Internet Explorer to print your copy of Workbooks.htm on stupub.
Please make sure that the footer displays the
filename and path, such as
I wish to verify that you have copied the port
folder and not just one file to the stupub server.
- If your Stupub account cannot be accessed, then use the Internet
Explorer to print your copy of
Workbooks.htm on your computer.
Please make sure that the footer displays the filename and path, such as
If the filename and path are not in the footer, use PageSetup, and set
the footer to &u&b&d.
or used, you may substitute two PowerPoint
presentations and/or Access databases.
You must have at least one Excel workbook that
you have created.
You may develop a workbook to determine a labor standard. See Item V.A of
- If you do not have three
Excel workbooks that you have created
- If you include a PowerPoint presentation, you
must put its link on the Presentations webpage. Access databases
go on the Creative webpage.
- See Homework Set I.
(This page was last edited on
February 21, 2010